Sunday, March 11, 2007

New Orleans, February 2007

I came upon this cute little shotgun home on my way to my first stop cheering for Logan during the Mardi Gras Marathon. Just a few houses down from Commander's Palace, right off of Prytania. I grabbed a coffee from Still Perkin', the coffee shop right across the street from where my parents lived in the late sixties when my dad was at Tulane, and headed out to watch for Logan.

Below are a few of the shots from my four hours cheering for him around the city.


Here's one last picture from our trip. The counter at Mother's, right outside the French Quarter. In all the years that I've been going to New Orleans this was my first time to stop in at this one. Very good shrimp po-boys. Very worth the wait. :0)

5 comments:

Mary Bess said...

Is that the little house that Mom sketched in pen and ink and had framed? I love that house!

Jenny said...

I think it is. Great photos. Congratulations to both you you!

Cowtown Camera Girl said...

I just looked at the sketch and it's very similar. I love the small homes in the Garden District. They probably aren't small though.

Robin Combs Photography said...

You take awesome pics! I would love for you to photograph my 7 month old. Please contact me at rcombs@burlesonisd.net. I work with Brook Watson.

Jessica said...

I LOVE your work!!! My family is getting together in Ft. Worth on March 31st to celebrate my mom's 50th B-Day. She was diagnosed with cancer this past week. We are REALLY wanting someone to capture our family moments next Saturday. We are wanting ourdoor pictures (some candid) My mom is in Beautiful health and we are trusting the Lord to bring our family through this, but it still makes you want to make every moment count:) We would love to have you take some photos of our get together! You can email me at haiti135@hotmail.com THANKSOMUCH!