Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Check out this Mama Cow! I came across her last weekend when driving home from a shoot. There must have been about 50 cows that I saw when I pulled off the side of the road. They all took off as soon as I got out of the car, but she was the only one who stuck around and let me take pics. She was right by the fence and watched me carefully as I came closer. It was only when I got up really close that I noticed why she was the only one who stayed -- her tiny baby calf was hidden in the grass. Can you see her? Just another wonderful Mother protecting her most priced possession.


p.s.- I'm dying to take pictures on a ranch! Do you know anyone who has a beautiful North Texas ranch? Tell them about me! There's all kinds of neat shots that we could do on a ranch for children, families, couples, etc. I think it would be fun!

2 comments:

Grow with Griffin said...

Oh this is really cool Nell! I can't find the calf though... my eyes are not that great! Love the old barn in the background!

Cowtown Camera Girl said...

The calf is hiding in the grass right by his Mama's front feet. About a foot away. You can see just a tiny bit of brown poking out of the grass.