Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day -1973
Sharing my all-time favorite photo of my own mother for Mother's Day today. This photo was taken a few years before I was even born. That's my mom and my older sister & brother outside of their home in Dallas. Doesn't it give the sweetest feeling? There are so many things I love about this shot--how my brother is hugging her legs so tightly; how my mother is looking down at him while holding my sister in her arms; and of course those super sassy bellbottom pants! Two more details that I will probably be the only one to ever catch. First, there's some sort of 1970's bouncy chair on the porch (neat to know that my parents had one of those--we LOVED our bouncy chair with Ezra this past year). Second, the plaid couch that you can see in the window. That couch has been in our family for decades! My cousin now has it in Alabama. It's traveled many, many places and has been through many facelifts. I think that's one of the reasons I like photographs so much. So many things you can see, remember, and enjoy in one small photo. Happy Mother's Day Mom!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Aaahhh....Nell. Dankjewel miesje. I like the photo, too. You can't see her but MB is running around in the yard somewhere. You and Fran were there in the spirit of Motherhood.